Usool ath Thalaatha
There are three matters which every individual will be questioned about in their graves; therefore it is essential that every believer has a good understanding of these affairs.
Knowledge and awareness of Allaah makes a person accept and submit to what He has prescribed. Allaah is the sole Lord who created and fashioned everything. He is the Lord of the ‘Alameen, the Owner of the Day of Recompense thus He alone should we worship.
This religion of Islaam, which the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) was sent with, abrogates all of the previous religions. It is the only religion acceptable to Allaah. Allaah says, ‘And whoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.’ [3:85]
Allaah sent the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) with guidance for mankind. Through him and that which was revealed to him, i.e. the Qur’aan and Sunnah, He clarified all that is beneficial to man in their religious and worldly affairs.
The course is based on a small treatise on the subject of ‘aqeedah called Usool ath-Thalaatha (The Three Fundamental Principles) authored by the honourable Shaykh ul-Islaam Muhammad ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab (d.1206H). This course will focus on the knowledge of: Allaah, the religion, and the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم).
In this course you will learn the following:
– The importance of these three fundamental principles
– Their implications on our understanding of Aqeedah and the religion as a whole
– The obligation of knowing and living by these principles
– Belief in Allah, its implications and the correct method of acting upon it.
– The meanings of words such as Khawf, Ar-Rajaa, At-Tawakkul, Ar-Ragbah, Ar-Rahbah, Al-Inaabah and Al-Khashyah; their evidences, differences and the means to acquire these characteristics
– That which contradicts true Tawhid and the evil that results from this
– What is meant by knowledge of the religion with the proofs
– What distinguishes the different levels of faith in the religion
– Why one must have sound knowledge of the Prophet Muhammad (saw)
– The correct understanding of the message he (saw) brought and its purpose for humanity