Umdatul Ahkaam (Purification)
Purification is a condition of salaah. Allaah says, “O you, who have believed, when you rise to [perform] prayer, wash your faces and your forearms to the elbows and wipe over your heads and wash your feet to the ankles. And if you are in a state of janabah, then purify yourselves. But if you are ill or on a journey or one of you comes from the place of relieving himself or you have contacted women and do not find water, then seek clean earth and wipe over your faces and hands with it. Allaah does not intend to make difficulty for you, but He intends to purify you and complete His favour upon you that you may be grateful.” [5:6]. In order for our salaah to be accepted one must be in a state of both physical and spiritual purity (tahaarah) thus one is required to know certain issues concerning it, such as the nullifiers of purity.
The course is based on the classical and world renowned Hanbali text, ‘Umdatul Ahkaam by the illustrious Imam, scholar and jurist al-Haafidh ‘Abdul-Ghaniyy al-Maqdisi (rahimahullaah). It is a collection of ahadeeth – a summarised work of prophetic traditions related to rulings (ahkaam).
In this course you will learn the following:
– What is the significance of tahaarah?
– What are the proofs for it?
– What is the manner of performing minor ritual ablution (wudhoo’)?
– What are the nullifiers of wudhoo’?
– How does one perform ghusl?
– What are the obligations and recommendations of major ritual ablution (ghusl)?
– What are the things which necessitate the major ritual ablution (ghusl)?
– When and how does one perform the dry ablution (Tayammum)?
– What are we to do if a dog drinks out of our utensils? Are they still permissible to use?
– What are the etiquettes of relieving oneself?
– How does one wipe over his footwear?
– What is said concerning janabah (sexual defilement)?
– What are the rulings of menstruation?