The Fiqh of Inheritance
Just as a Muslim is expected to live his life according the laws as ordained by Allah, he is likewise expected to obey these laws following a death, as in the funeral, the payment of debts, execution of a will and distribution of the remaining estate amongst the heirs according to the Shariah.
This course is an introduction the science of the laws of inheritance, dealing with the fundamentals of this knowledge.
In this course you will learn:
– From where is this knowledge derived?
– Who can inherit?
– Who cannot inherit?
– What are the shares of inheritance?
– What are the means by which one can inherit?
– Can distant relatives inherit?
– What are the impediments to inheritance?
– How does one do the calculations to work out shares?
– What mathematical problems can arise when calculating the shares of inheritance?
– What can constitute a testamentary bequest?
– What would happen to ones slave after one dies?