The Fiqh of Hajj
This course will cover the essential knowledge of the juristic issues pertaining to the sacred pilgrimage. The conditions, obligations, pillars and recommendations etc will all be covered to ensure that every student knows exactly how to perform the hajj. Additional visual presentations will be used throughout the course to clarify the rites in detail. If you are short of time and only have a few hours to spare to learn these rites, then this course will be ideal for you.
In this course you will learn:
– What are the definitions of Hajj and ‘Umrah?
– What does this act of Ibadah commemorate?
– What are the virtues of the ten days of Hajj?
– What are the three types of Hajj one can perform?
– Are they all legislated?
– What do female pilgrims do differently?
– Can a woman perform Hajj without an accompanying man who is her Mahram?
– Can someone perform Hajj on behalf of another?
– What are the starting points when performing the pilgrimage?
– How does enter into the state of Ihram (consecration)
– What things are forbidden whilst in the state of Ihram?
– How does one expiate for an infringment of these prohibitions?
– How does perform the rites of hajj (in detail)?
– What do the words Talbiyya, Tarwiyya and Tashreeq mean?
– What is done after leaving the state of Ihram?
– What are the pillars of Hajj and ‘Umrah?
– How is the sacrifice performed?
– What is the difference between Al Hady and Al Udhiyya?