The Fiqh of Food and Clothing
Allaah has laid down laws and legislations which every believer is required to uphold in all aspects of his life. Therefore a servant of Allaah pays great attention to the Shar’i rulings pertaining to his clothing, his food, his drink, his earning etc. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) stated the importance of consuming halaal, in this world and the next, for instance he (صلى الله عليه وسلم) informed us that eating haraam will be a cause for the rejection of our supplications. For this reason the Muslim should be aware of eating that which is it not permissible to eat, and clothing himself with that which he is not permitted to be clothed in.
This course aims to inshaaAllaah deal with the topics of food and clothing and its various rulings, which many are unaware of, through the study of hadeeth.This course is based on a work on Hanbali fiqh titled ‘Umdatul Ahkaam. The book is authored by the renowned scholar ‘Abdul-Ghaniyy al-Maqdisi. It is a collection of ahadeeth from Bukhaaree and Muslim.
In this course you will learn the following:
– Certain food & beverages are deemed impermissible for consumption. What are they?
– What are the evidences indicating this?
– What are the principles and reasons for the prohibition of food?
– Is seafood lawful?
– What is the verdict on drinks containing a small percentage of alcohol?
– What are the etiquettes of eating?
– On the subject of hunting, what evidences are used to establish its permissibility?
– What is the Islamic concept of hunting?
– Is it permissible to acquire a dog for the purpose of hunting?
– What are the conditions of slaughtering?
– What are the evidences suggesting this?
– What are the different types of sacrifice?
– Is it permissible to consume an animal that has been stunned?
– What are the conditions of clothing?