Tafsir ul Qur’an – Surah Yusuf
Allaah says, “Indeed in their stories, there is a lesson for men of understanding. It (the Qur’aan) is not a forged statement but a confirmation of the Allaah’s existing Books and a detailed explanation of everything and a guide and a Mercy for the people who believe.” [12:111]
The stories of the Messengers and their nations are a lesson for those of understanding and this Surah is filled with lessons which we can all benefit from. The nature of this Surah teaches a person how to be patient. Yoosuf (as) faced many trials and tribulations but look at the end result – he was reunited with his family and he gained a good position. In this Surah one will learn about: the benefits and effects of having patience, how to deal with trials and tribulations, the evil consequences of sins and much more.
This course is based on the renowned and accepted explanation of the Qur’aan entitled Tafseer ibn Kathir by Imaam ibn Kathir.
In this course you will learn the following:
– What is beautiful patience?
– Who was Yoosuf (as)?
– Why was this Soorah revealed?
– When was it revealed?
– What does Islaam say about dreams?
– What are the benefits and effects of having patience?
– What are the benefits and effects of having tawakkul in Allaah?
– What can one learn from the character of Yoosuf (as) and his father?
– Why is envy such a dangerous disease of the heart?
– What lessons can we take from the response of Yoosuf’s brother when they discovered his true identity?
– What practical techniques can one learn on avoiding temptations?
– What are the evil consequences of sins?
– How should a person deal with trials and tribulations?
– What are the ways in which a person can build a strong character?
– Are we allowed to seek power and authority (i.e. leadership)?
– What does this Soorah teach us about Allaah?
– How can you show gratitude to Allaah for all the favours He has bestowed upon you?