Names & Attributes of Allah
“And to Allaah belong the most beautiful Names, so call upon Him using them” [7:180]
Indeed, the first duty of a servant (of Allaah) is to know Allaah, but how are we to know Him? Are we to know Him according to the Qur’aan and the Sunnah or according to a method contrary to this? This issue has caused much confusion, partition and division therefore it is imperative that we know how to understand correctly our Lord’s beautiful Names & Attributes, in accordance to the beliefs of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah, so that we may worship Him upon clarity. We do not surpass the method of the Qur’aan and Sunnah but describe Allaah with what He and His Messenger described Him with.
The course is based on the text ‘An Explanation of the Beautiful and Most Perfect Names of Allah’ by Shaykh Abdur-Rahman ibn as-Sa’di.
In this course you will learn the following:
– What are the principles concerning the Names & Attributes of Allaah?
– What are the dangers of deviating from these principles?
– What is the understanding of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah with regards to the Names and Attributes of Allaah?
– What is meant by: All of Allaah’s Names and Attributes are Beautiful and Perfect?
– Are the Names of Allaah both title and descriptions?
– Why is it that His Names can only be known through revelation?
– Why must we keep to the apparent meanings of the texts concerning them?
– Do their meanings differ according to the context?
– Are the Names of Allaah restricted to a particular number?
– Why is it that the knowledge of His Attributes is more expansive than the knowledge of His Names?
– Why are their many misconceptions on this issue?
– What are the dangers of Tamtheel and Takyeef?
– Are the Attributes of Allaah Tawqeefiyyah?
– What is the correct meaning of Allaah’s Ma’iyyah?