Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama’ah
This course will cover the tenets of faith according to the understanding of the righteous predecessors. Topics include: the articles of Imaan and very importantly, this course will cover the fruits and benefits of studying Aqeedah which are not found in many of the books that are authored on this topic.
This course is ideal for those who have studied texts like: ‘Usool ath Thalaathah’ and ‘The Fundamentals of Faith’ since this course will delve more deeper into the finer intricacies of faith and especially some of the more controversial issues of faith related to the belief in Allah (swt). This course will be based on the treatise: Aqeedah Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah by Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al ‘Uthaymeen.
In this course you will learn:
– Who are Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah?
– Where did this term come from?
– How do we know that this is the correct creed to be upon?
– What are the characteristics of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah which make them stand out from amongst the rest?
– What is the ‘middle path’ and how is it that we are upon this middle path?
– What is the true meaning of the Names of Allah mentioned in the last three verses of Surah Al-Hashr?
– What are the sources that Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah use?
– Are there any benefits to studying ‘aqeedah or is it just an academic study?
– How do we understand the concept of pre-destination in light of free will?
– How is it that Allah is above the creation but at the same time with the creation?
– How can it be that Allah descends but at the same time is above His Throne?
– What are some of the events that will occur on the Day of Judgement?
– What is our belief concerning the previous scriptures revealed by Allah?
– How important is Imaan in the previous Prophets?